Updated February 2013
The University of Wyoming has added access for most Wyoming libraries to a large number of Proquest databases and Chadwyck-Healey literature and historical products. In addition to Proquest Central, which was made available (also via UW) in the fall of 2010, libraries have had access to the following databases through the Wyoming State Library for a number of years: Ancestry Library, Heritage Quest, The Monthly Catalog of U.S. Government Publications, Sanborn Maps, and SIRS Researcher.
Changes in existing subscriptions: Newly added in February 2013 is access to the Proquest History Vault and the Statistical Insight database. The History Vault is the digitized microfilm from the University Publications of America (UPA) archive on American history, 18th-20th Centuries. The Statistical Insight database includes access to the Statistical Abstract of the U.S. The UW purchase also adds content to SIRS Researcher in the form of SIRS Government Reporter, SIRS Renaissance, SIRS SKS WebSelect, and SIRS Discoverer. eLibrary Curriculum Edition is also part of the package. Sanborn Maps has been extended to include all states.
In March of 2011, over 100 additional resources were been made available. Of particular interest to libraries were the addition of Proquest Historical Newspapers, Literature Online (LION), and Culturegrams. Some of the databases are highly specialized and useful for academic research. Find a list of these databases by clicking on the link to 'Scholarly Research' on the GoWYLD list of subjects.
- Length of contract - until 2020 (note - Wyoming State Library contracts for Ancestry, Heritage, SIRS Researcher, and the Monthly Catalog are separate and must be renewed annually.)
- Method of access - IP based, remote access allowed, except for Ancestry Library, which continues to be in-library use only.
- Technical support, Tutorials, Marketing Tools & more - http://www.proquest.com/en-US/
- Proquest LibGuides - (various products)
- Proquest Central Databases - URLs, brief descriptions and links to more information
- Other Proquest family products - URLs, brief descriptions and links to more information
- Usage statistics
Does your library subscribe to additional Proquest products?
- The products listed here are only those licensed by the Wyoming State Library and the University of Wyoming for access for public, special and K-12 libraries.
- If you do not see resources you have licensed or experience technical difficulties with access to any of the Proquest products, please contact Desiree Saunders at: email@example.com