Cloud Library - Troubleshooting the PC/Mac OS app
App does not start
If the PC app fails to start when you try to open it, try the following steps to get the program working again.
- Using your file manager (Windows Explorer or Mac equivalent) browse to your user diretory
- Find the file called 'AppData'. If you do not see the folder, it may be a hidden file.
Windows directions to show hidden files:
- Turn on hidden files by going to the 'Tools' menu at the top of Windows Explorer.
- Select 'Folder Options' and then the 'View' tab
- Click the radio button for 'Show hidden files, folders, and drives' under the 'Hidden files and folders' option.
- Inside the AppData folder, find the folder labeled 'Roaming'
- Remove the folder labled '3MCloudLibrary' in the Roaming directory
- Close Windows Explorer and restart the application. You will need to reenter your libary information.
If this problem occurs frequently, uninstall the 3M PC App completely using Windows add/remove programs. Then follow the steps above to make sure that the <username>/AppData/Roaming/3MCloudLibrary/ directory is also removed. Reinstall the PC app and log in as usual.
More help with the Desktop App