Freading eBooks- Thousands of titles available, with new content added weekly.
- All books are always available and can be checked out for 14 days.
- Each user is allotted a number of tokens each week that can be used to download the books.
- Books range in token value from 1 to 4 tokens, with most newer titles being 4 tokens.
- Attention Kindle Fire users
To use Freading:
- You will need your WYLD library card number. (your PIN is not required)
- You must create an Adobe ID to manage your eBook downloads and to authenticate a reading app.
help with Adobe IDs & Digital Editions
- Install Adobe Digital Editions software (optional if you are a mobile only user - help with apps).
- All books allow multi-user access, so there is never a wait for a title
- Books are checked out for 14 days and can be renewed.
- Users receive tokens that can be used to check out books. New tokens are issued every week.
- All are compatible with most popular eReaders except for standard Kindles
Android App (Android 2.2 or later)
iOS (Apple) App
Using the Freading apps
If prompted for a ZIP code, enter 82001
What are tokens?
Tokens are a virtual currency that you use to exchange for downloads. The library gives you a weekly allotment which appears in the upper right corner of the Freading website after you login. When you choose a book, the amount of tokens labeled on the book is deducted from your account. When you log in, you will see how many tokens you have used of the total alloted. E.g. Tokens 2/20 indicates that you have used 2 of your twenty tokens for the week.
The amount of tokens required for each book varies, but is usually 4, 2, or 1 token.
Unused tokens roll over each week for a four week period. At the end of the four week period, unused tokens are cleaned out of your account, except for your original weekly allotment. Books that you have downloaded previously will not cost any additional tokens to renew.
- Frequent Questions (Freading website)
- Help with AdobeIDs and Adobe Digital Editions
- Help with the Freading apps
- Returning books & file cleanup
- I need my library card PIN
- A note for authors
Kindle Fire users : stability and performance issues have been indentified with the Freading app for Kindle Fire. These issues have been reported to Freading technical support, but there is no word on a fix as yet. Kindle Fire users may no longer be able to use the Freading service.