Some eReaders have software that blocks transfers from the Cloud Library for PC & MacOS. The book checks out in the PC software and the device is detected, but the transfer does not work. The following steps should solve this problem.
! Make sure your device is fully updated and has the correct date and time settings.
Step 1: Set Up the Computer
- Make sure Adobe Digital Editions is installed. [Get Adobe Digital Editions]
- Authenticate Adobe Digital Editions with your personal Adobe ID. [help with Adobe IDs]
- Download the Cloud Library software for PC or MacOS
- Open the Cloud Library software, log in and check out a book
Step 2: Transfer to the Device
- Connect your device to the computer using its USB cable.
- In the Cloud software choose the "My Books" tab and click on the book you wish to transfer. This makes sure that the book is opened, which will download it to your computer, and the adobe authentication will be applied to it.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to find "My Documents->My Digital Editions." Any epub book downloaded on your computer should be stored here.
- Move the epub file into the proper folder for ebooks on your reader. (On a Sony there is an ebooks folder under "Media", others may have a "Digital Editions" folder.)
- Eject your device from the computer.
- Open the book on your reader.