Some eReaders have software that blocks transfers from the 3M Cloud Library for PC. Users with newer Sony eReaders have reported this problem. The book checks out in the PC software and the device is detected, but the transfer does not work. The following steps should solve this problem.
Please also make sure your device is fully updated.
Step 1: Set Up on the Computer
- Make sure Adobe Digital Editions is installed. Get Adobe Digital Editions
- Authenticate Adobe Digital Editions with your personal Adobe ID.
- Download the 3M Cloud Library software
- Check out a book
Step 2: Transfer to the Device
- Connect your device to the computer using its USB cable.
- In the 3M software choose the "My Books" tab and open the book you wish to transfer. This makes sure that the book is downloaded to your computer, and the adobe authentication is applied to it.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to find "My Documents->My Digital Editions." Any epub book downloaded on your computer should be stored here.
- Move the epub file into the proper folder for ebooks on your reader. (On a Sony there is an ebooks folder under "Media", others may have a "Digital Editions" folder.)
- Eject your device from the computer.
- Open the book on your reader.
- * For Kindle Fire, you will need to install an ereading app. follow these instructions for a recommended app
Back to Main Help page