Cloud Library - Transferring books for use with the Bluefire App (iOS)
These instructions are for users with Apple devices who prefer to use the Bluefire reader app instead of the Cloud library app.
- Installation - Bluefire Reader for iOS (or search the app store for 'bluefire')
After the app has installed, click on the Info icon and select 'Authorize' to set the app up with your Adobe ID so you can use Adobe Digital Editions books.
- Set Up on the Computer
Make sure Adobe Digital Editions is installed. Get Adobe Digital Editions
You will also need to make sure that the Adobe ID that you have registered the eReading app on your device matches the one on your PC.
Install the Cloud Library software for PC from http://yourcloudlibrary.com/index.php/en-us/ if you have not done so already.
- Transfer to Device
Connect your device to the computer with its USB cable.
Open the Cloud Library software
Check out a book and then open the 'My Books' tab in the PC Software to make sure that the digital rights have fully transferred with the book.
To transfer the book manually to use with the Bluefire reader:
- Connect your device and make sure that iTunes opens
- Click on the device name
- In the upper middle part of the screen, click on 'apps'
- Scroll down to the section labeled 'file sharing'
- Click on the Bluefire app
- On the right, you will see a list of books saved in Bluefire. At the bottom, click on 'Add'
- Browse to your Digital Editions folder. Typically, this is /yourusername/documents/My Digital Editions/
- Find the book you have checked out in the Cloud Library and click on it and then click 'open'
- After the book has transfered, disconnect the device and open the Bluefire reader to start reading your book.
- Reading on the device
- Finished with the book?
You can return it early or wait for the checkout period to expire (you are encouraged to return books early).
If you want to return the book early, then you will need to log in to your Cloud account using one of the apps and return the book from the 'My Books' screen.
To remove books from the device, open the Bluefire app and tap on the information icon next to the title in the Library View (arrow icon in a blue circle)
Select delete from the options.
This action will only delete the book file from the device, not from the Digital Editions folder on your PC. See this help file for more instructions on file cleanup.